From: Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108 gmail com>
Date: 14-Jun-2007 16:58
Subject: DVD not working on server
To: K12ltsp <k12ltsp morleyschool net>

My dvd doesn't seem to work.
I have a ide ata DVD writer on on my main server.
I want to copy something onto dvd.
When I put in a blank cd also nothing happens.
When I put a CD in it spins up but nothing comes up in the file manager.

I tried the following, but it didn't seem to do anything.

mkdir /media/cdrecorder
mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder

I am running the operating system on one LV on SATA with another LV on
another SATA drive storing Backuppc data.

In bios the drive is recognized and is set to auto.

Is there anything I can do on the software side to try to get it
going? Or is this just a faulty drive?  IIRC It was working at one
stage at least as a reader.

Thanks.
Krsnendu dasa

more info:
dmesg recognizes the drive
When I try to mount the drive (with a good cd inside) I get this message:

[root k12ltsp1 ~]# mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/hda /media/dvdrecorder
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda,
     missing codepage or other error
     dmesg | tail  or so

[root k12ltsp1 ~]# dmesg | tail
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=hda, iso_blknum=16, block=16
attempt to access beyond end of device
hda: rw=0, want=68, limit=4