Re: [K12OSN] samba .tdb to ldap?

john wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying a different subject heading since the last question got
know responses. The question remains the same: Thanks!

-------------

On 6/15/07, john <lists john gmail com wrote:
Hi all,

I have successfully joined my linux file server to our Windows domain
and "getent passwd" shows me a nice list of windows users with unix
uid/gid mappings. Now I want to use this server to provide LDAP auth
for several LTSP servers as well as export users home directories via
nfs.

How can I store the user files  that winbind knows about in LDAP
rather than in winbindd_idmap.tdb ? I don't need this  server to be a
PDC or even a BDC, I just need it to do file stores for windows
clients and provide my authentication information for other LTSP
servers.

Would I be better off just rsyncing my *.tdb's every day or so? If so
which ones?

I'd love to hear there was a tool that can just suck out the
information winbind has gleaned and splat it into LDAP.

Thanks!

John