Re: [K12OSN] LTSP 5 Local App Howto?

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
You'll also need to setup ssh-server to allow you to actually execute something locally.

I am testing Gadi's new ldm with DirectX support, will that bypass the need to set up the ssh-server or is that still needed?

I may have answered my own question here, it looks like the ssh-server setup is needed
as  a tunnel to export the server app to the client much like using an external app
server.  I found this site https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ltsp-Local-Apps which appears to lay
out the steps needed to get this working.  I'll keep plugging away :-)

If you get it working, I think the ultimate test of the concept would be to run vlc as a local app on a bunch of clients with the server sending a single multicast stream of a dvd or other video that they all display.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com