Re: [K12OSN] Greg reminds us to taste the soup

I tasted the soup...it was bitter, so I went back to the CLI ;)
so far I've yet to see many GUI tools that do things faster than
someone who knows what they are doing on a CLI...

then again my summarized feelings about GUI's are that they are handicap devices to proliferate ignorance about HOW things work within an OS...

Mind you, I do enjoy SOME gui tools (i.e. Bulk-Adduser thing in Webmin)
But if it weren't there I would have either learned more about scripting and rolled my own at the CLI or asked on the list for some script-fu expert to throw out the 5 or 6 lines neccessary to git-er done ;)

If the technology co-ordinator in the article is not interested in LEARNING the technology...what's he doing in that roll?

Dan Young wrote:
http://gregdek.livejournal.com/14554.html