Re: [K12OSN] DHCP and different LTSP distros

Mella wrote:
/From/: "James P. Kinney III"
Make sure that tftpd in turned on in /etc/xinetd.d/tftpd on the Centos

Why? I wish run only DHCP server on Centos. I prefer leave TFTP servers in LTS. It mean, every LTS have its own TFTP server. It needed when i wish put different LTS distros (Xubuntu, EL, FC) into same network and different distros have different remote boot files.

Looks, nobody here not using different distros or do not have prablems with it.

I've had it working, both with the DHCP server sending all boot requests to a newer server and with a specific hardware address set to boot from a non-default server but it has been a while and I'm out of the office for a week so I can't test anything now. I think there is some quirk regarding the difference between the etherboot and PXE filenames that you need to work around and the easy way might be to copy the boot files to the same server.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com