Re: [K12OSN] Greg reminds us to taste the soup

If the technology co-ordinator in the article is not interested in
LEARNING the technology...what's he doing in that roll?

Go read it again. The tech coordinator was saying that his
_science_teacher_user_ wants to remove a package from their Fedora
system.

Umm...with respect, perhaps it is you who should read it again.  I quote:

"Yeah, yeah," my inquisitor said to me. "You don't even notice, I know, because you would go the command-line to remove a package. But my typical user is a science teacher who became the technology coordinator for her high school. And I'm sorry to tell you this, but she will never bring up a command line, ever."

As you can see, that "science teacher" _is_ the technology coordinator. She should not have taken the job as _technology coordinator_ if she is unwilling to learn about the _technology_; she should've stayed teaching science. Learning about the technology comes with the job. It'd be like if I, a systems engineer, became a "classroom teacher coordinator" and was unwilling to learn the skills to actually teach a classroom full of kids. If you can't hack the job, then do not take it.

Of course, what amazes the daylights out of me (a Chemistry major, BTW) is *anybody* smart enough to teach science...who is unwilling to learn something just because it's new to that person! If that's the case, then how the hell did this individual ever learn science well enough to teach it at *ANY* level?

--TP