[K12OSN] OT: quote on file / mail server

Rob Owens rowens at bio-chemvalve.com
Thu Jun 28 14:53:13 UTC 2007

Thanks for the info.

Even though I've got 3 Linux servers currently authenticating against
AD, I'm still a little fuzzy about how the whole process works.  Anyway,
tell me a little bit about how my life would be easier w/o AD -- I'm
seriously considering going that way.

Regarding email, what I really want is this:  When a user connects to
the mail server, all mail from the server is synchronized to their local
machine.  When a user deletes an email, whether from their server-side
folders or from their local folders, that also gets synchronized.  When
a user connects to the mail server from a different mail client, the
same thing happens.

Maybe this all isn't as complicated as I think, but I'm having trouble
getting it through my thick skull.

-Rob