Re: [K12OSN] OT: quote on file / mail server

On 28/06/07, Rob Owens <rowens bio-chemvalve com> wrote:
Regarding email, what I really want is this:  When a user connects to
the mail server, all mail from the server is synchronized to their local
machine.  When a user deletes an email, whether from their server-side
folders or from their local folders, that also gets synchronized.  When
a user connects to the mail server from a different mail client, the
same thing happens.

IMAPS is the way out. I know you said IMAP is not allowed but IMAPS
works under SSL so this should not be a security hole.

IMAP(S) can be set to synchronise local (laptop etc.) folders with
remote (mailserver) folders. So when user does off-line work and
deletes mail next time he connects the folders synchronise. You can
set up multiple clients for single user and all clients will
synchronised when ever they connect to server.
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar