[K12OSN] Hand-in directory permissions

Steven Santos steven at simplycircus.com
Mon Mar 5 05:58:19 UTC 2007

I am just thinking out loud here...

Couldn't you create your directory and make your handin script (and perhaps
make it append the username of the person running the script to the file
name?), then instead of setting permissions in that script, run a cron job
every x minutes that changes the perms in that folder to root:teacher or
teacher:teacher or some such?.  You would still be vunerable between script
exicutions, but that should be OK.

Perhaps this would even be a good first utility for an Fl_student_tool type
program?  Extend the concept out so that teachers can set up drop boxes in
FL_TT, then let students select the drop and turn in the assignment via a
student tool type program?

  _____

Steven Santos
Director, Simply Circus, Inc.