[K12OSN] Deep Freeze / Win XP

Dave Haley dhaley at poland-hs.u29.k12.me.us
Wed Mar 7 13:42:01 UTC 2007

Actually, from what I understand, the person you are referring to  was
not an ex-employee, He was just another self proclaimed computer genius
(from another country) that "acquired" a copy of Deep Freeze, installed
it, had some problems, messed up his own computer and then had the nerve
to call Deep Freeze and ask for tech support. Deep Freeze realized that
he did not hold a valid license to the product and would not offer him
support. This upset the person and in turn wrote a script to corrupt the
program, Faronics wrote a patch, he wrote another script, Faronics wrote
another patch, this went on for a while but has not been a problem for a
year and a half now, a few versions ago at this point.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested in this current information.
Also, I am happy, for the most part, with the network we have in place
now, It does have it's good points along with it's bad, just like any
"other" network system. Thank You.