[K12OSN] Updated Greatest Hits LiveCD

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Mar 7 23:09:40 UTC 2007

Petre Scheie wrote:
> All-
> I've posted an updated version of the 'K12LTSP Greatest Hits Live CD'
> to the K12LTSP download site.  This new version includes two additions
> blatantly copped from Knoppix:
>
> -At the end of the boot process, Firefox is launched with a "Welcome"
> document on the CD that explains what it is, etc.
>
> -If you put the disk into the CD drive of a running Windows system, it
> launches the web browser with a document similar to the "Welcome"
> document mentioned above, but which also includes a section on how to
> use it (reboot the machine with the CD in the CDROM drive).
>
> If you don't want these additions, the original version (0.1) is still
> there, too.  Find them at
> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/live-cd-demo/
>
> Petre

Downloaded it that night and tried it out just now.  It's Edubuntu, w/
all the EDU apps and a K12LTSP browser message.  Pretty slick there,
Petre!  I will show this around to as many people as I can get to
listen.  The Knoppix "ripoffs" are a nice touch, BTW; I think Klaus
would nod approvingly.

--TP