[K12OSN] Comment from principal about lab.

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Thu Mar 8 14:54:36 UTC 2007

Good points.  I would have to respectfully disagree on the belief that
people haven't heard about Linux.  There has been alot of information
about Linux.  I can assure you that the kids have heard about it.  The
sound issue should be easily fixed with some troubleshooting and help
from the experts on this forum.  I completely agree with the comment on
the product being free therefore inferior.  I hate pushing opensource or
Linux as the "FREE" solution.  I like to take the approach of better
performance, security, and reliability.  I know that keeping a lab up
and running no matter what OS is being used is VERY important.  People
don't tend to notice what you are using until problems start to arise.
At that point, it becomes very easy to just blame the OS, whether MS or
Linux.  I would make sure that you are running the latest and greatest
and then show off tools like Teacher_Tool to demonstrate the benefits
of K12LTSP.

Just my 1 1/2 cent,

Ron

Ronald R. McDaniel