[K12OSN] NorthTec MicroClient Jr

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Mar 9 17:03:17 UTC 2007

If you don't have any EtherBoot clients, then Edubuntu is a fine
choice.  If you have a mixture of both EtherBoot and PXE clients,
though, go with K12LTSP, as Edubuntu doesn't support EtherBooting
clients out of the box.  You can make it do so, but you have to hack
/etc/dhcpd.conf.  But for that, I might be running Edubuntu myself.

If you do go with K12LTSP, I'd suggest the "Enterprise Linux", or "EL"
version (the CentOS-based one). It's quite good, I find.  I'm using it
now to type this.  Remember that you have both yum and apt/synaptic with
K12LTSP, too.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus