[K12OSN] OT: Consequences of 'net use /home'

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 13:38:50 UTC 2007

Can someone help me clarify the differences in Win98 vs. newer
clients? I'm wondering that when using "net use /home" as a logon
script with win98 that the home gets mounted 'like' nfs, in that when
ever data is read  or saved in goes right to the share.  It looks as
if server2003 when used as a client grabs the contents of the share,
works with it locally and then saves it back at logooff because I see
users folders created in "Documents and Settings".  Do Win2000 and  XP
function same way as a part of a domain?

Thank you thank you
Peter