[K12OSN] K12LTSP Live CD v0.2 - Torrent URLs

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Sat Mar 10 17:21:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 07:36:11PM -0800, Eric Harrison wrote:
> Rob Owens wrote:
> >Well, rsync would see the iso as one big file (which it is), but it is
> >able to make partial changes to that big file.  I think it would work
> >ok.
> >
> >So how about it, any rsync servers out there hosting Petre's Live
> >CD v0.2?  If you want to email me privately, I'll test it out for you.
> >I have v0.1 downloaded already.
> >
> >-Rob
> >

> Here you go:
>

> rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::live-demo-cd/ .

Thanks, worked like a charm.  I renamed my 0.1 iso to 0.2, then ran
the command:  rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::live-demo-cd/k12ltsp6-edubuntu-greatest-hits-livecd-0.2.iso .

My Pentium II 400 MHz machine took about 4 minutes for rsync to do its
calculations, then it took about 2 and a half minutes to transfer the
differences in the files.  Now I have a complete v0.2 iso.

rsync rules!  (and so do all of you guys)

-Rob