[K12OSN] Terminal Viideo Display Problems versiens 3 &4 vs. version 5 / lts.conf ?

Anthony Luscre mo_luscre at mogadore.net
Mon Mar 12 15:56:00 UTC 2007

I have been running two LTSP servers (one each at separate buildings).
One server is running LTSP 3 & one is running LTSP 4.
Both use the same "thin clients" ( a Pentium-3 pc without hard drive )
and monitors ( Dell LCD E15FP). The clients have onboard video  output
based on Intel 815 chip. Both systems have been happily running screen
resolution of 1024 x 768 on client monitors.

This summer I replaced the version 3 server with a version 5 server. The
monitor on the clients now display only at 640 x 480. I have checked the
lts.conf file and both servers have the same configuration:

 #Video drivers for terminals
XSERVE R = auto

All the other lines in that section are commented out with the #. Also
all of the "Sample Mode" lines below are all commented out with #.

I have experimented with uncommenting (one at a time), each of the
listed sample modes. I get one of two responses for all that I have
tried: either terminal screen displays something along the lines of
"Display not supported" or I get "non synched video" with rolling and no
discernible display.

Has anyone else experienced this?
What is the fix?

Thanks