[K12OSN] Upgrading from k12ltsp5 to 6

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Wed Mar 14 14:20:30 UTC 2007

Why do you want/need to upgrade now?  There's not a whole lot of
difference, from a user perspective, from version 5 to version 6.
Considering that there are only three months of school left, I would
wait until summer and then do a new install of version 6.  If you need
to, tar up /home and save it on another machine or some other media like
a CD, etc., and then restore it once you have the new version installed.
  Upgrading is posssible, in theory, but there always seem to be
lingering problems, such that I just do new installs any more.

Petre