[K12OSN] USB Files Don't Display

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:35:50 UTC 2007

I had a similar issue but it was caused by an update to the fuse package.  I
re-added all users to the fuse group and then also made certain that dns was
set to use host first  so that the thin clients were able to resolve their
names.

check the size that is reported for the thumb drive.  In my case, it was
reporting the size of the system's hard drive indicating that the drive was
not actually mounted properly.  What was happening in that case is that the
file was being copied to the $HOME/Drives/thumbdrive-directory-mount-point
and not to the actual drive which would explain why you can't see the
contents of the drive itself.

You could also try use a dns reservation for a client just to determine if
that results in the client 'knowing' its name.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins