[K12OSN] via vt1612 audio driver

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Sun Mar 18 14:59:02 UTC 2007

Right, lsmod does show those pieces loaded, and during the boot process,
when rc.sound runs, I see the driver successfully load.  But then right
after that is when I get all the alsa errors.  I'm using Gideon's
oss-alsa sound package, which replaces the default sound package,
because I need it to make sound work for some Dell laptops.  But the
fact that the 7019 driver works with the old sound package makes me
hopeful that I can fix it by somehow incorporating the driver into the
package.  I think there may be some licensing issues--SiS won't say what
the licensing is--that prevent the driver from being shipped with LTSP
and perhaps Gideon's package has the same issue.  But that doesn't
prevent me from installing it myself if I can figure out how.  I'll keep
at it.