[K12OSN] How to build Xvnc and LTSPFS into PPC tree?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Mar 20 00:34:07 UTC 2007

> On #ltsp today, Oliver Grawert, who is one of the primary devs for edubuntu,
> mentioned that LDA is working in the PPC Edubuntu.  So, that should be doable.

Okay, here is a link that looks like it would take advantage of what you describe:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPCrossArchSetup

However this appears to be for LTSP version 5 and not 4.2....anyone know if this is
correct?  I have an Edubuntu server that I am testing, I may give this a try tomorrow
and see if it works, and if so how well.  But I am guessing for 4.2 Xvnc and Local
Devices would need to be manually compiled in the LBE.

If this does work, maybe I will look at what I can do to speed up LTSP in Edubuntu to
make it scale better.