[K12OSN] Lamp iMac XF86Config

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Mar 20 18:42:24 UTC 2007

I have been playing around with the desklamp style iMacs today (white with a half sphere
base and flat screen mounted on a chrome arm) and here is a X11 config file that
successfully boots them up.  The screen looks a little funny while booting and then
flashes to a red color before loading the login screen.  Once at the login screen
everything looks perfect.

Maybe we can get this included in the /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc tree named XF86Config-4.desklamp
or something.  Then the default configuration will boot Bondi Blue iMacs, the
XF86Config-4.indigo will boot indigo iMacs, and the XF86Config-4.desklamp will boot the
desklamp iMacs.

In order to get this file I just booted the iMac from the newest Ubuntu PPC liveCD and
stole the /etc/X11/xorg.conf it created.  No modifications and it works perfectly.  So
anyone who needs to create a config for another flavor iMac, give the Ubuntu LiveCD a try.

Hope this helps someone.