[K12OSN] rdesktop

Joe Korzeniewski jkorz at mceschools.com
Wed Mar 21 15:58:42 UTC 2007

Just an observation. Although rdesktop runs like a dream as screen 02, it has been my experience that when the terminal boots, it will come up to the rdp login screen rather than the login screen for k12ltsp. No matter what screen I switch rdesktop to, it still comes up first. I have not personally got sound working on rdesktop, but I think I remember seeing it mentioned a while back on this list. If you solve the screen hogging issue, please let me know!

-Joe

>>> jim at winonacotter.org 03/21/07 10:45 am >>>
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:12:05 - 0700, Ernie Hudson wrote
> Is it possible to run rdesktop from the linux log on and have sound work
> from a widows terminal server? I know I can make it work by having rdesktop
> as screen 02.

I believe you can set the rdesktop to run as screen 01 if you want and have it be the
default.  Just set up the startx as screen 02 and terminal as screen 03 if you want.
However I don't think sound works over RDP on Linux at all, I could be wrong.