[K12OSN] K12LSTP 7

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Thu Mar 22 15:49:59 UTC 2007

I'd agree on the "bleeding edge" stuff if referring to the K12LTSP "EL"
releases.  But the Fedora-based releases are at least as bleeding-edge
as, say, Ubuntu Edgy.  That said, the LTSP support in K12LTSP is a bit
more mature; the files are actually in the standard upstream LTSP places
(ltspadmin, for example), and K12LTSP supports Power Mac thin clients
out of the box.

Either of them will work for a "full-blown" LTSP environment.  In
production, I prefer the K12LTSP "EL" releases for the stability.  That
said, I'm still tracking Edubuntu and am currently playing around with
the 6.10 "Edgy Eft" release now.  Hopefully Feisty Fawn will be ready in
time for my yearly "LTSP for Education" demo in June; if so, I'll try that.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!