[K12OSN] Neoware update.

Vince Callaway vince at totalsense.com
Mon Mar 26 04:51:43 UTC 2007

Got a chance to play with the spare neoware box.

It is a REALLY early capio.  Neoware nor any of the sites I found on
them even list it.

After several "lets see if it will work" attempts I finally got it to
pull up the ethernet bios config.  It is shift + F10 like the others but
it was really picky about when to hit the keys.  It now PXE boots.

The USB ports worked first try.  It is 1.1 but at least it works.

Sound was not too bad.  I had to go into the CMOS and check the sound
settings.  The onboard sound is SoundBlaster clone.  I just tested with
rhythmbox and audio was clear and smooth.

My lts.conf entry is as follows:

# Neoware Client
[00:e0:c5:6b:1f:68]
        XSERVER         = "vesa"
        SMODULE_01       = "sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1"

The VESA driver worked better than setting auto.  I was getting mouse
trails on the screen.

Only real drawback is the video is slow compared to some of the others.