[K12OSN] Help! Serverless Accelerated Reader / Flash 9 / Adobe Reader

Joe Korzeniewski jkorz at mceschools.com
Mon Mar 26 20:52:55 UTC 2007

Kari,

I have Renissance Place running perfect on my k12ltsp5 machine. All I did was installed the acrobat reader, java, and flash plugins through the included scripts. Since you are using edubuntu, here is the link to a tool I have used in my normal Ubuntu installations. I am hoping that it will work as simply as it does with plain ubuntu.

http://easyubuntu.freecontrib.org/

Use this to install java and flash. Install acrobat reader from the adobe site.

Good Luck,

-Joe

>>> karisue at gmail.com 03/23/07 1:25 pm >>>
Hi Linux Gurus,

I am running a fat client lab with Edubuntu installed on every workstation.
My school recently purchased what they call "serverless" Accelerated
Reader.  I have Flash 9 and the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader on each
workstation, but when I log on to the AR website, login, and pull up a test,
nothing happens.  The test never seems to load.  Anyone have any experience
with this?  Can anyone give me some ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Kari

believed to be clean.