[K12OSN] K12LTSP 'Greatest Hits' Live CD

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Mar 1 15:02:17 UTC 2007

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:04:09 -0600, Petre Scheie wrote
>> All-
>> I've built a live CD intended to be a 'demonstration disk' of the
>> apps contained in K12LTSP6. You boot it up, and it looks like what
>> users see on the client machines.  You can download it here:
>>
>> http://petre.homedns.org/files/
>
> Very cool.  I am downloading it now.  I should be able to try it out by Friday
> :-)  The download is bouncing between 8 and 10KB/sec.  A larger pipe would be
> good :-)

Eric started pulling a copy yesterday afternoon to post to the K12LTSP site.  His
download may, MAY, be done by now.  At Gavin's suggestion, I'm looking into creating a
torrent for it.  I'm also pushing a copy from my office, where we have T1 pipes, to Tim
Born's server, which also has big pipes.  That should finish at about 9:30am today.
Then he can make it publicly available.  With that in mind, you may want to wait until
Eric or Tim say they've got it, and then pull it from one of them.

My city is rolling out a municipal wireless program, putting WAPs all over town.  I told
the city IT director that what *I* want is a fiber run from my house to whatever is on
the backside of the WAPs.  He hasn't gotten back to me on that yet.

Petre