Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 'Greatest Hits' Live CD

ftp://val.deltacfax.com/pub/k12ltsp6-edubuntu-greatest-hits-livecd-0.1.iso
That's hanging on a (nearly) dedicated T1, so it ought to be a little faster access.

I'll see if I can figure out how to seed a bit torrent. Something new for me.

best,
-tim

Petre Scheie wrote:

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:04:09 -0600, Petre Scheie wrote

All-
I've built a live CD intended to be a 'demonstration disk' of the apps contained in K12LTSP6. You boot it up, and it looks like what users see on the client machines. You can download it here:

http://petre.homedns.org/files/

Very cool. I am downloading it now. I should be able to try it out by Friday :-) The download is bouncing between 8 and 10KB/sec. A larger pipe would be
good :-)

Eric started pulling a copy yesterday afternoon to post to the K12LTSP site. His download may, MAY, be done by now. At Gavin's suggestion, I'm looking into creating a torrent for it. I'm also pushing a copy from my office, where we have T1 pipes, to Tim Born's server, which also has big pipes. That should finish at about 9:30am today. Then he can make it publicly available. With that in mind, you may want to wait until Eric or Tim say they've got it, and then pull it from one of them.

My city is rolling out a municipal wireless program, putting WAPs all over town. I told the city IT director that what *I* want is a fiber run from my house to whatever is on the backside of the WAPs. He hasn't gotten back to me on that yet.

Petre