Re: [K12OSN] Converting to Linux

Kemp, Levi wrote:
I'm assuming that it did too because on a second installation it did. I've been using it fine since then. I should really try to sleep at night instead of working on this project, that may be a large part of my problem.

You should be able to hit a key at the grub boot screen, select the boot entry from the list, hit 'e' to edit, select the kernel line, hit 'e' to edit, add the word 'single' to the end of the line, then hit 'b' to boot into single user mode where you can run
passwd root
and set a new password.

You could also boot the install CD with 'linux rescue' at the boot prompt, let it detect and mount your installed system, use the chroot command that it suggests, and then change the password.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com