[K12OSN] imacs as thin clients?

Joe Korzeniewski jkorz at mceschools.com
Thu Mar 1 18:46:52 UTC 2007

I have a bunch of them up and running... Your server config should work out of the box (for all except the ones with clear cases and front loading trays). On the client side boot to open firmware by holding apple+option+O+F when you start. To boot once type 'boot enet:your.server.ip' to make it permanent type 'setenv boot-device enet:your.server.ip' then type boot to boot (you won't have to do that again). Let me know if you have any other questions about getting those old stinking macs working (the bondi's are tougher but still doable).

-Joe

Joe Korzeniewski
Technology Director
Mason County Eastern Schools
231-757-1120

>>> jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us 3/1/2007 12:53:38 pm >>>
Has anyone managed to get older PPC imacs to work as thin clients?  Can
someone point me to a howto?

Thanks,

-Jeff

believed to be clean.