[K12OSN] LTSP Customization

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Mar 2 03:06:44 UTC 2007

I don't know if there's any documentation on this per se, but what you
can do is create a user ID, say, 'default', then login with that ID,
make the changes you want to the desktop, panel, menus, etc. Then
logout.  Login as yourself, su - to root, cd to /home/default, and copy
the .config, .nautilus, .gconf, .gnome2, and .gconfd directories to
/etc/skel/ (not all of these directories may exist, depending on what
you've changed).  When new user IDs are created, they will get those
directories in their respective $HOME directories and you'll get the
desired effect.

Petre