Re: [K12OSN] Dropbox directory permissions

The way I have handled this is I put a icon (application) on every students desktop which they drag the file to.  This launches a script that sets the permissions of the file to 755 and then copies it to the drop box folder.  It pops up a message box saying the file was copied successfully (visual feedback is nice).  Haven't yet experimented with having the script determine which class a student is in and consequently which dropbox subfolder to copy to.  Otherwise, the directory permissions is set as James mentioned. which makes it a one-way trip for the students' files.  It seems to work ok at present.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins