Re: [K12OSN] Dropbox directory permissions

Just out of curiousity and for the record, could you post the script your icon launches? I've done some similar things, but I always like to see how others do it. Thanks.

Petre

David Hopkins wrote:
The way I have handled this is I put a icon (application) on every students desktop which they drag the file to. This launches a script that sets the permissions of the file to 755 and then copies it to the drop box folder. It pops up a message box saying the file was copied successfully (visual feedback is nice). Haven't yet experimented with having the script determine which class a student is in and consequently which dropbox subfolder to copy to. Otherwise, the directory permissions is set as James mentioned. which makes it a one-way trip for the students' files. It seems to work ok at present.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins