[K12OSN] Pixelation with MPlayer

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Mar 5 17:42:21 UTC 2007

I've watched 640x480 videos (MPEG4) without any problems on my thin
client with MPlayer.  The key was to swap the video board in the thin
client for something a bit more powerful.  In my case, it was the Matrox
Millenium G400; doing that solved all my MPlayer issues.  It also, BTW,
made TuxType play faster.  Heck, I'm able to watch Tom's Hardware
videos, in MPEG4, at 720x480, without any framedrops, pixelations,
whatever--just nice, smooth video.  No, I don't have to throw the
-framedrop switch, either.

Folks, watching videos on thin clients WORKS FINE.  I do it all the
time.  If you can, please try swapping your video board and see what
happens.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus