[K12OSN] Pixelation with MPlayer

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Mar 5 18:50:09 UTC 2007

Yes, it sure could.  I saw that 90-client-per-server figure and went,
"WHOA!!!"  I did some server CPU tests on my own server, and here's what
I found:

640x480 MPEG4 clip:  21% CPU/session
320x240 MPEG4 clip:  7% CPU/session

The CPU's are 1.2GHz Athlon MP's.  This is per CPU core, BTW, so if
you've got four such cores, you get just under 4x the capacity.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!