Re: [K12OSN] Re: Firefox hangs in k12 - 6 on laptop

Strangely enough, today I am seeing the same issue with just one user. Click on Firefox, and the mouse freezes, then over time, the icons on the desktop disappear and finally logs him out.  I don't have gtk2-devel-i386, but not sure about the dependencies.   Tried resetting the desktop, but this is only happening for one user (currently).  Just strange.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

On 3/5/07, Julius Szelagiewicz <julius turtle com> wrote:
> Dear Folks,
>       I've upgraded my laptop from k12 - 5 to k12 -6. I've run ino one
> unpleasant problem - Firefox stops responding  within seconds, no matter
> what sites, what pages, etc. Any suggestions? (ff 1.5.09)
> Thanks, julius

I'm answering my own question for completness sake:
The hang-ups were not restricted to Firefox, IE run under CrossoverOffice
was crashing too. The culprit was gtk2-devel.i386 package and / or its
dependecies. yum -y erase gtk2-devel-i386.... took care of the problem.
julius