Re: [K12OSN] Comment from principal about lab.

That is...until you stop volunteering.  I sure wouldn't volunteer at a place that ripped out a working, functional LTSP setup.  You want MS Windows, then you're paying me high dollar because maintenance on it is such a pain.

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU!?

Joseph Bishay wrote:
I guess part of the problem is that much of this work is being done on
a volunteer basis.  Thus increased manhours isn't too daunting if they
can get Windows.

Joseph

On 3/5/07, Les Mikesell <les futuresource com> wrote:
Joseph Bishay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I thought I would vent here. I was at the school just checking on
> the lab after a power failure.
>
> I was using the boot floppy on the clients and made the comment that
> hopefully in our new school (see the other thread about a new
> building.)  we would not need the boot disks. The principal replies
> with "hopefully in the new school we will have Windows instead of
> this."
>
> * Sigh*  I wonder why I ever bother.

It might be a good time to point out that if you had Windows 2000, you'd
be running around manually fixing the time zone on each one since
updates don't include that.  Add that to your TCO...

--
   Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com