[K12OSN] openldap password syncing samba and posix

Hi everyone!,

I am trying to give the option for students to change their password on
k12ltsp5 server.  How I was going to do this was create a launcher app
on desktop that runs passwd to change the student's password. When I
login as a student and change the password it updates POSIX password
information in ldap, but does not update the samba password information
in ldap.  If I login and change the password from a windows computer
password sync works correctly and update the POSIX and Samba password
information in LDAP.  What do I need to enable on K12LTSP5 to allow the
password sync that I need to keep password consistent in POSIX and
Samba?

Thanks
-Glenn