[K12OSN] newb question

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Mar 6 21:15:48 UTC 2007

Pete Horm wrote:
> HI Everyone,
> My name is Pete. I have just installed a test k12ltsp on a virtual test
> server. I am using etherboot on  dhcp port 1067 on my clients.  I am
> able to authenticate to my windows 2003 active directory.  I am using
> the gnome desktop because It is fairly easy to attach to users folders
> residing on my Windows 2003 file server.

You might try out the XFCE desktop environment. Similar to GNOME in many
ways (also uses GTK widgets), but lighter weight:

yum install xfdesktop xfce4-session xfce-utils
logout and select XFCE from session menu at login screen

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services