[K12OSN] hide network shares

Greetings group,

I'm using K12LTSP 6.0 in a mixed environment (Windows, Linux, K12LTSP) and I
would like to prevent users on the K12LTSP PC's from seeing the network
shares on the staff PC's.

I've tried to use Sabayon to delete the Networks submenu item under Places
(Gnome) but can't. I cannot even get rid of the Places Menu.

Any idea's to restrict access to Browsing the network?

Thanks,

Ray