Re: [K12OSN] hide network shares

I haven't done this, but considering Windows shares use port 137-139, I'm pretty sure you could add a few rules to iptables to block outbound traffic destined for those ports. That way you don't have to mess with the Windows machines. Anyone who's good with iptables wanna take a crack at creating such a blocking rule? I'll make what is probably an incorrect attempt to start the discussion:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 137 -j DROP

Add similar rules for ports 138 & 139 (there's a way to specify a range, but I can't recall the syntax) and your linux box won't be able to 'see' any Windows shares.

Petre