[K12OSN] Teacher Tool

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Thu Mar 8 22:19:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 09:04:18AM -0800, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> On 3/8/07, Kemp, Levi <lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us> wrote:
> >Is there a way in teacher tool to monitor the screens of all the
> >students, even if it is a smaller size? If not does anyone know how I
>
> This seems to be a popular request but the only way I currently know
> how to do this is to simply set the -geometry option in the vncviewer
> call. I also could probably get the vnc windows to arrange themselves
> on screen not to overlap. But if the student desktop is 1024x768 and
> each view window (on the teacher screen) is 320x200 (or something)
> then you don't see the entire student desktop only a section (not
> useful). Does anyone know of a way to scale a vnc session to create a
> thumbnail?

Robert,

One of the primary reasons I use NX instead of VNC on my LAN is because
it's got an "available area" setting for the display size.  I don't know
how it's done, but it's much more convenient than picking a size w/ VNC
and toggling back and forth between full-screen and window.

I wonder if you could apply the same tricks to teacher tool in order to
provide the feature these guys are requesting.

-Rob