[K12OSN] usb drives

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Mar 9 15:45:46 UTC 2007

Have you worked through the LDA troubleshooting checklist?
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev#Troubleshooting
On my version 5 server I recently noticed that plugging in flashdrives and CDs on the
client produced an icon on the desktop, but they were always empty.  With the help of
the checklist, I 'fixed' the problem by putting all the users into the fuse group.  That
wasn't originally necessary and I suspect that an update along the way changed the
necessary permissions on something that caused the problem, but I never fully tracked it
down, since adding everyone to the fuse group was fairly easy (it's a small installation).

Petre