Re: [K12OSN] usb drives

Have you worked through the LDA troubleshooting checklist? http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev#Troubleshooting On my version 5 server I recently noticed that plugging in flashdrives and CDs on the client produced an icon on the desktop, but they were always empty. With the help of the checklist, I 'fixed' the problem by putting all the users into the fuse group. That wasn't originally necessary and I suspect that an update along the way changed the necessary permissions on something that caused the problem, but I never fully tracked it down, since adding everyone to the fuse group was fairly easy (it's a small installation).

Petre

Ernie Hudson wrote:
I have eight clients running, 2 are dell optiplex gx 150’s, 4 are Devonit 6020p and 2 are from Linlkline. I am using k12 version 5. I have always had an issue with the flash drives not mounting on the 6020p and linkline units. I thought it was a problem with the clients until I tested edubuntu, every client I tested had no problem mounting the usb drives. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Ernie Hudson

CLS 3 Serrano High School

760-868-3222  ext 2687