Re: [K12OSN] Teacher Tool

On 3/8/07, Theo Turner <Theo Turner cumnorhouse com> wrote:
How about having it flick through the different clients like a slide
show. It's a useful feature of a windows program I used to use that let
you see each desktop for a few seconds before switching to the next.
Just an idea, don't know if anyone would know how. I imagine it could be
done with a script but not sure.

Also I use K12LTSP but I don't use the LTSP bit to connect terminals. I
have to use nx at the moment and would love a way to have the Teacher
Tool work for these users. Any ideas?

This is not something I can do easily, since you have the NX client
running on a seperate machine. With ltsp it's easy because I don't
need any authentication to take over the remote client machine (I am
already root on the ltsp server or sudo). So with NX I would need to
make a new version that employs ssh keys and that opens up a whole new
bag of worms. Again if anyone wants to take on this task to make a new
version for NX  or LDM (LTSP 5) I would be willing to help exlpain my
C++ code and help code as much as I can. It's only about 1700 lines
and most of it is for the GUI.

--
Robert Arkiletian