[K12OSN] usb drives

David Whitmer thewhitmers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 03:41:41 UTC 2007

Here's what I did to get USB drive and CD contents to show up on thin
clients.

1) As root, I opened "/etc/init.d/ltspfs-insecure".
2) Next I scrolled down to the following line:

RULES=/etc/udev/rules.d/60-fuse.rules

and changed it to:

RULES=/etc/udev/rules.d/99-fuse.rules

3) I then entered the following:

/sbin/service ltspfs-insecure start
/sbin/chkconfig ltspfs-insecure on

4) And I could then see files when I inserted a USB drive or CD on a thin
client computer.

IIRC, I only had this issue with those of our servers running K12LTSP 5.  I
think there'd been a FUSE update via yum a month or two ago.  I don't think
the K12LTSP 6 servers had ever developed this problem.

I hope this helps.

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology
Calvary Schools of Holland (Michigan)