[K12OSN] teaching c++ using gcc/kate in a LTSP environment

Is anyone else doing this? We've been doing it now for several years.
I'd REALLY like to start doing some 3D game programming. I've used the
irrlicht API in a windows environment and have been looking alot lately
at the crystalspace engine.

I'm running into problems with openGL. I can have a lab (20 clients) all
doing blender fine but when I try to compile and execute crystalspace
demoes, I get masive and fatal crashes.

I'm thinking I might have to install a graphic card on the server to
enable openGL. I CAN get glxgears to fire up but the output is so choppy
as to be un-usable. Anyone with feedback about this or similar
experiences please respond.

Chris Bacigalupo
Technology Coordinator and Instructor
Harbor City International School