Re: [K12OSN] Error User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored?

I found some information in my notes that might help you with this.

Try editing /etc/gdm/custom.conf and then add the following line to the "[security]"
section:

    RelaxPermissions=1

Then restart GDM by either rebooting or by running "gdm-restart" (which will kick people off).

I hope this helps.

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology
Calvary Schools of Holland (Michigan)