[K12OSN] Error User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored?

David Whitmer thewhitmers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:43:42 UTC 2007

I found some information in my notes that might help you with this.

Try editing /etc/gdm/custom.conf and then add the following line to the
"[security]"
section:

    RelaxPermissions=1

Then restart GDM by either rebooting or by running "gdm-restart" (which will
kick people off).

I hope this helps.

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology