Re: [K12OSN] [OT] Why avoid html email

The thing is, I *like* having the cruft at the bottom in case I want to dig back into the history of the message. That doesn't happen frequently though, just sometimes, and so top-posting allows me to see just the latest message in the thread. Since I follow the list closely, this is the most efficient for me, but it may not necessarily be so for others. Bottom posting requires me to scroll down the message to see the latest addition to the thread. I would argue that saying everyone reads email the same way, or should read email the same way, is presumptuous.

I do agree that html should be avoided if possible, for all the reasons given.

Petre

Daniel Bodanske wrote:
Top posting is normally bad because the cruft at the bottom doesn't
get edited / deleted (just like I did here as an illustration), even
though it's not needed or wanted anymore.

Dan

On 3/12/07, Nils Breunese <nils breun nl> wrote:
Sudev Barar wrote:

> Thanks Joe, This is exact type of information I needed to bring in
> some list discipline. I know many people may not like it, just like
> frowns on inline and bottom posting requests.

A: Because it disrupts the proper flow of reading.
Q: Why is top posting bad?

Nils.