[K12OSN] active directory

Hi everyone,
I have my test server on a w2k3 network, and have made a home folder for AD users to use when they login. It is /home/SCHOOL.

2 Questions.

1. Is there a way to alter the push icons to desktop script to push icons to the users listed in the /home/SCHOOL folder?

2. Is there a way to standardize a gnome desktop for these active directory users? I tried a couple of different things that were suggested (/etc/skel) , but they don't seem to work. I can take the programs out of the /usr/share/applications. The reason I am using gnome is that it can easily attach to their windows network folders. I need to keep it easy for the students, so that I can convince my administrators to give K12ltsp a try.

This is version 6 of K12ltsp

Thanks for any direction you might give me.

pete