[K12OSN] active directory

Pete Horm petehorm at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:27:18 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,
I have my test server on a w2k3 network, and have made a home folder for AD
users to use when they login.  It is /home/SCHOOL.

2 Questions.

1.  Is there a way to alter the push icons to desktop script to push icons
to the users listed in the /home/SCHOOL folder?

2.  Is there a way to standardize a gnome desktop for these active directory
users?  I tried a couple of different things that were suggested (/etc/skel)
, but they don't seem to work. I can take the programs out of the
/usr/share/applications. The reason I am using gnome is that it can easily
attach to their windows network folders.  I need to keep it easy for the
students, so that I can convince my administrators to give K12ltsp a try.

This is version 6 of K12ltsp

Thanks for any direction you might give me.

pete