[K12OSN] [OT] Why avoid html email

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Mon Mar 12 20:48:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 02:15:53PM +0100, Nils Breunese wrote:
> Sudev Barar wrote:
>
> >Thanks Joe, This is exact type of information I needed to bring in
> >some list discipline. I know many people may not like it, just like
> >frowns on inline and bottom posting requests.
>
> A: Because it disrupts the proper flow of reading.
> Q: Why is top posting bad?
>
> Nils.

For someone like me who tries to read every message that gets posted to
this list, it's annoying for the new text to show up at the
bottom--particularly on long threads.

The only thing I find more annoying is switching between top and bottom
posting within a thread.  That's why I bottom posted here.  Otherwise
the flow of reading would *really* be disrupted.

-Rob