Re: [K12OSN] AMD offers $250, 000 prize to help Third World get online

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
Sudev Barar wrote:
On 14/03/07, "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:
 Umm...shouldn't that award go to Jim McQuillan?  That's exactly what
he's
done!  It's called LTSP!

 Perhaps he and Eric Harrison should share it, due to Eric's turnkey
packaging of it.
+1 for that. Now how do we all pool in and create a lab for third
world countries? I am willing to contribute for some equipment for a
lab set up in India and nominate LTSP/K12LTSP projects as sponsorors.

I am asking local office of AMD for details and will come back to list.

Please do.  I wonder if AMD has heard of LTSP at all.
It makes one wonder! I've tried to talk / email anyone in AMD that LTSP is the killer app just waiting to use all the good AMD products from thin-client Geode to Opteron servers but they miss the point totally! they keep talking about windows CE / hardisks / server 2003 etc I've suggested that they should talk to the likes of Jim and Eric and develop hardware packages to target schools / business's But unfortunately they don't get it!?
--TP